Since 75% of the men we work with in prison are fathers and the number one predictor of a person entering prison is having a father in prison, it's very important that we address this issue directly. Men of Valor provides an incredible opportunity to these incarcerated fathers, by giving them the tools they need to change their lives and their family's legacy.
However, through biblically-based programming, aftercare/re-entry services and the involvement of committed volunteers, Men of Valor’s success rate beats both national and statewide statistics. for the men who complete MOV's Phase I six month Aftercare/Re-entry program, the recidivism rate is below 15%.
Men of Valor provides:
- Proven reduction in recidivism — which not only translates into financial savings, it improves the quality of life (not only for the men in our program and their families, but also the lives of members of our community).
- Reduction of the generational tide of crime and incarceration.
- Societal and family reconciliation, which changes lives and improves the health and welfare of children.
- A financially sound program with post-release accountability for inmates that decrease the likelihood of recidivating.
- Safer prison environment.
- Saves Tennessee taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars each year and millions over the "long haul."
For more information on the Community Benefits contact: