How Can I Help?
We have the knowledge, experience, passion and proven track record to show these men another way. We sincerely hope that you will join us in this mission. We need your help. Join the multitude of volunteers making an impact in our community — today and for eternity.
Mentors are the heartbeat of our ministry. It is an important role in the lives of the men we serve. Giving of your time in this way has proven to be a win/win blessing for all involved.
We would love to meet with you and tell you more but to get the ball rolling you can review the following materials, and complete and return the application.
You may send the application to our office at 1420 Donelson Pike, Suite B-6 Nashville, TN 37217 or email: Carl@MOVNashville.com. We will then get back with you about the next step in the process. We will also send you our Men of Valor Training video/DVD.
Men of Valor is devoted to reconciling men to their God — appointed role in the family and society. We believe God is helping us accomplish this goal through individuals like you!
Tools you'll need to get started:
Mentor A Man (click here for application)
Mentor A Woman (click here for application)
Mentor A Child (click here for application)
- for men both in prison and in aftercare
- for women (wives of the men in our prison program)
- children (children of the men in prison)
- Academic tutoring for a child (1 hr. at least twice a month)
- Small group facilitators and teachers for various classes / small groups (inside the prison & for men in Aftercare)
- Job placement - a man has to work, both part and full time
- Deliver food to a family in need
- Sponsor a child or family at Christmas
- Intercessory Prayer
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the ministry opportunities listed above
Through biblically-based programming, aftercare/re-entry services and the involvement of committed volunteers, Men of Valor’s success rate beats both national and statewide statistics. In fact, for the men who complete MOV's Phase I six month Aftercare/Re-entry program, the recidivism rate is below 15%.
Donate Food, Money (see below for material needs)
Men of Valor is committed to winning men in prison to Jesus Christ and discipling them. Our purpose is to equip them to re-enter society as men of integrity--becoming givers to the community rather than takers. Donations are always accepted and greatly appreciated.
- Used vehicles in “good shape” (point A to point B vehicle)
- Gift Cards for staff to purchase items for men/families (Walmart, Kroger, etc)
- Men's toiletries (deodorant, dental needs, razors, shampoo)
- New Igloo coolers and ice packs for carrying lunches to work
- Postage stamps
- Packaged notebook paper (no spirals)
- New towels
- New sheets and pillow cases for twin-size beds
Men of Valor does not charge for any of its services! Our funding comes solely from donations from individuals, churches and foundations, as well as money raised at our annual fundraiser breakfast. We receive no government money. If you wish to financially donate, please send your financial gift to Men of Valor ... see address below.
Your donations could make a difference in so many lives.